Hoisin Chicken Lettuce WrapsPrep time: 1 hr | Cook time: 15 to 20 minutes | Serves: 6-8
- 2 pounds chicken breast
- 1 head of bib or boston lettuce
- Sesame seeds for garnish if desired
- ½ cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sriracha
Please note: Prep time does not include marinating time
- In a small bowl, mix together the sauce ingredients.
- Pour half of the sauce into a large Ziploc bag. Reserve the rest of the sauce.
- Add the chicken breasts to the Ziploc bag and shake to coat.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for at least an hour or overnight.
- When you are ready to eat, preheat your grill to 400 degrees and grease with nonstick cooking spray. Remove chicken from the marinade and grill until fully cooked, about 4-6 minutes on each side (depending on the thickness of your chicken)
- Remove the chicken from the grill and let it cool for a couple of minutes before slicing into it.
- While chicken is resting, heat the remaining sauce in a medium saucepan.
- Cube up the grilled chicken and toss in the remaining sauce.
- Serve immediately over bib lettuce with sesame seeds, if desired.
Reprint: This recipe first appeared on ChefSavy.com, written by Kelley Simmons. To read more visit https://bit.ly/3DLSC2M.