Salsa Verde Chicken SoupPrep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 20 minutes | Serves: 6-8
I wondered if I would ever taste anything so glorious in all my life, or if I’d be willing to endure the sacrifices of what would be required to experience such a miracle. I dare say a bite of fish from the hand of God is unlike anything I’ve ever tasted. Who needs farm-to-table when god can pull off river-to-canoe?
- 1 (12 ounce) can salsa verde
- 3 cups rotisserie chicken
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained
- 3 cups chicken broth (or more if soupier texture is desired)
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- ½ package (10 ounce) frozen corn
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Sour cream
- Bag of tortilla chips
- Empty salsa Verde into a large soup pot. Cook 2 minutes over medium-high heat.
- Then add chicken, beans, broth, cumin, corn, and chili powder to saucepan. Bring to a boil, lower the heat to simmer and cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Top each bowl with onions, sour cream, and chips.
Excerpted with permission from “A Place at the Table” by Kelly Minter. Copyright 2019, B&H Publishing Group.