Sun-Dried Tomato Bow Tie PastaPrep time: 30 minutes | Cook time: 20 minutes | Serves: 4-6
I’m forever grateful for my parents and their determination to solidify family dinners as part of our daily routines. I realize that times continue to change and not everyone can prepare meals every single day of the week, but my mom’s regular habit of cooking and calling us to the table fostered stability and community in our family and gave us. Without realizing it, we were learning attributes about Jesus as my parents not only served and fed us, but also modeled grace, kindness, and friendship.
2 packages sun-dried tomatoes, softened and cut in strips
16 ounces bow tie pasta’2-3 tablespoons olive oil
10 cloves garlic, minced
½ cup pine nuts
16 ounces eta cheese, crumbled
1 (16 ounce) can black olives, chopped
Salt and pepper, to taste
Optional: 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into small pieces
- Soften the sun-dried tomatoes according to the package directions and cut in strips.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta set aside.
- While the pasta cooks, if you are adding chicken to this recipe, cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces and set aside.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in sauté pan. When the oil is warm, add garlic and sauté for 2 minutes. Add sun-dried tomatoes and sauté or another 2-3 minutes,
- If using optional chicken, add the chicken to the sauté pan and cook until done. Add chicken and sun-dried tomato mixture to the pasta, sprinkle with pine nuts, Feta cheese and olives. Serve immediately.
Excerpted with permission from “A Place at the Table” by Kelly Minter. Copyright 2019, B&H Publishing Group.